This blog is my attempt to keep track of some of the things I learn along the way, with my Canon 7D, G12 and accessories. All images copyright Brad Calkins, not to be used without permission (or purchase). I do not attempt to monetize my blog, other than to promote my stock photo portfolio on Dreamstime.







Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Nik Software - Viveza


It seems to be a non-event on the photo websites, but I think this is a pretty cool product. I love things like this that move you to a new way of thinking about your pictures. I downloaded a trial and gave it a try - it is great for certain types of pictures.
Sounds like Nikon has been using the U-POINT technology for a while - maybe it is just Canon owners that are getting to catch up?

1 comment:

Brad C said...

OK - I hate to admit it but I had this technology at my fingertips in the NIK Software plug-in for Photoshop. I hand't got around to trying the 'control points'. Duh! Not quite a powerful since it is really only overlay strength (not saturation/contrast/brightness). But still cool!