This blog is my attempt to keep track of some of the things I learn along the way, with my Canon 7D, G12 and accessories. All images copyright Brad Calkins, not to be used without permission (or purchase). I do not attempt to monetize my blog, other than to promote my stock photo portfolio on Dreamstime.







Saturday, April 19, 2008

Color Management, Photoshop Elements & EpsonR1800

After sorting through a large number of web search results to try and find the best settings to use for my Epson R1800 printer, using Espon Premium Photo Paper Glossy, and Photoshop Elements 5 - I finally hit upon a bunch of settings that work for ME. I've ignored the reams of advice to let Photoshop manage the color and turn off the printer color management. Here are the settings I arrived at:

Selected 'Let Printer Manage Color' in PSE:

In the print driver ICM mode, I select my color space (Adobe RGB (1998) for this print), and the paper profile from Espon. What could be easier!

No comments: