This blog is my attempt to keep track of some of the things I learn along the way, with my Canon 7D, G12 and accessories. All images copyright Brad Calkins, not to be used without permission (or purchase). I do not attempt to monetize my blog, other than to promote my stock photo portfolio on Dreamstime.







Monday, July 26, 2010

GF1 doesn't disappoint...

I was thinking about my Panasonic GF1 the other day and there is really only one thing that bugs me - the inability to zoom in on playback and then step through pictures to compare them. I was telling this to a friend and was saying that they could have just used the dial's ability to be pushed in to swap modes. As I was saying this I actually did push the button in and lo and behold it did exactly what I wanted. So there you have it - nothing to complain about :) Seriously, though, it is a very capable camera, especially if there isn't too much dynamic range. I find on a bright sunny day it is hard to hold the highlights - but this is a bit more technical than it seems as I'm usually happy with the photos themselves...


I also really like combining Lightroom's Black and White ability with my GF1:

No comments: