This blog is my attempt to keep track of some of the things I learn along the way, with my Canon 7D, G12 and accessories. All images copyright Brad Calkins, not to be used without permission (or purchase). I do not attempt to monetize my blog, other than to promote my stock photo portfolio on Dreamstime.







Thursday, April 1, 2010

Nice trend!

Below is a graph of my quarterly results from Dreamstime. I've stripped the absolute numbers, but the key point is that the trend over the last 8 quarters is straight up. It hasn't varied much according to my upload rate - other than to say I've kept that pretty steady too. What is of interest to me is that while the monthly sales seem all over the place, and often feels like I'm not gaining ground by uploading, the actual trend smoothed over time is remarkably steady. Of note is that the revenue is gaining partly due to increased revenue per download - whether due to the higher pricing or movement of files to higher levels is hard to discern. I'm very satisfied with return from Dreamstime on my efforts in uploading. It is nice when you get more and more monthly income for the same level of monthly effort :)



No comments: