This blog is my attempt to keep track of some of the things I learn along the way, with my Canon 7D, G12 and accessories. All images copyright Brad Calkins, not to be used without permission (or purchase). I do not attempt to monetize my blog, other than to promote my stock photo portfolio on Dreamstime.







Monday, April 19, 2010

Reminding us of our limits

Bad weather
© Photographer: Bradcalkins

As in control as we humans might like to think we are, the Earth has a way of reminding us that we are just invited guests on this planet, rather than the owners. This week's volcanic eruption in Iceland put a stop to thousands of flights to and from London - including some family I have planning a trip overseas. It is always humbling to be reminded that we are at the mercy of the weather, and I happened to be in Washington, DC around this time to see some of the preparations being made for the upcoming Earth Day in the Washington Mall:

Climate change
© Photographer: Bradcalkins

No comments: